Monday, July 28, 2008

HORSE

I was online with a person who is a member of what he calls HORSE-Husbands Officially Recruited to Serve Equines. I started thinking about this and thinking about the fact that many of us don't give our husbands any other choice. My husband spent years trying to fight my passion for these beautiful animals Finally, he gave in. I fell in love with Buck Almighty a/k/a JC from the day he was born. I knew I had to have him. My husband bought him from my mother's business for me. Since then, JC and Brian have become very close. JC is smart enough to know that when Brian walks into his stall, he needs to put his head on Brian's shoulder.

They became very close over the winter. I had two shoulder surgeries and couldn't drive for 4 months. Every Saturday Brian had to drive me out to the barn. He took me in the worst snowstorms. After a while, he got to the point that he could tell all the babies apart. Along with JC, my family has 2 other 3 year olds at the barn. But, each time, after JC got done working, Brian would go to his stall and JC would rest his head on Brian's shoulder. For JC's friendship, Brian bought him a new horse blanket and halter with Buck Almighty written on it.
read more

No comments: