Monday, July 21, 2008

What Horses do For Us

I have been on a lot of horse forums lately. The number of stories I have heard about how horses can help one maintain his or her sanity amazes me. I thought it was just me. Everyday I would go to work just to get to Saturday. It was the day when I could see the horses and I knew that that day would erase all the insanity of the week. No matter how stressed out you are when you walk into the barn, it seems to melt away when you look into the eyes of these wonderful animals.

When I was a very young child until the time I was a teen, I had a weight problem. I wasn't able to participate in a lot of sports as nobody wanted me on their team. I was always the last one chosen. I would feel really bad about myself, but the one thing I had was the horses. They never judged me or turned away from me because of my weight. Riding horses was the only thing I ever thought I was good at. I even got to use it for some of my physical education credits in high school. I always knew that the horses would have to remain apart of my life no matter what.
Read More

No comments: